The online companion to your favorite class.
Thursday, December 7
- Plane mirrors
- Description of virtual image that forms behind mirror.
- Do ray tracing of object with dimension traveling to the eye from the mirror and the virtual image that forms
- Do another ray tracing of multiple rays emanating from an object to the mirror and show the virtual image as convergence of reflected rays.
- Define magnification as ratio image size to object size as well as ratio of image distance to object distance.
Friday, December 8
- Problem with tree in reflection of plane mirror. How far do you have to stand from a 20 m tall tree to see its reflection in a 20 cm tall mirror if the mirror is 1 m from your eye?
- Description of rear view mirror and its nighttime function. Descrption of passenger side mirror as a convex mirror. Show how concave and convex mirror images form as a function of distance to the object. Show how radius of curvature is found as a cutaway from a sphere.
Monday, December 11
- Ray diagrams for convex mirrors.
Tuesday, December 12
- Ray diagrams for concave mirrors
Wednesday, December 13
- P. 781 first problem set due
- Go over problems
Thursday, December 14
- P. 781, 10-14 due
- Go over problems
Friday, December 15
- No class due to Holiday Concert rehearsal
Monday, December 18
- Refraction at plane surfaces - ray diagrams and apparent distances
- Types of mirrors
- Convex lens ray diagram - the magnifying glass
Tuesday, December 19
- Concave lens ray diagram
Wednesday, December 20
- Virtual field trip to Hawaii's telescopes
Thursday, December 21
Work on problems
Tuesday, January 2
- P. 782; 29-31, 34-35 due
Wednesday, January 3
- Telescope design as a multiple element system
- Light bucket principle
Thursday, January 4
- Ray diagrams for multiple element systems
Friday, January 5 - No school - too cold or whatever
Monday, January 8
- P. 782; 36-37, 39-41 due
- Intro. to Mirror & Lens Lab
Tuesday, January 9 through Thursday, January 11
- Mirror & Lens Lab
Friday, January 13
- Chapter 23 Test
AP Physics 2 - Chapter 23
Mirrors & Lenses